GPS Hosts Telethon for South Valley Services
Breaking the Silence: Join Our Telethon for SVS on Giving Tuesday
SOUTH JORDAN, UTAH – To support victims of domestic violence and sexual assault, South Valley Services announces a telethon set to take place on Giving Tuesday, November 28, 2023. As the world unites in generosity, this event aims to shed light on a crucial cause, raising funds and awareness for those affected by domestic violence.
- Event Details:The telethon will run from 12:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. at GPS Capital Markets, calling over 300 contacts through volunteer support.
- Purpose:This event holds immense significance in providing funds for a safe haven and support for individuals impacted by domestic violence and sexual assault. Every donation received during this telethon will directly contribute to shelter, children’s programming, counseling, and rehabilitation services for survivors in need.
- Need: In Utah, 1 in 2 nonbinary persons, 1 in 3 women, and 1 in 4 men will experience domestic violence in their lifetimes. Since the implementation of the lethality assessment protocol statewide, SVS has seen a 60% increase in calls to our emergency hotline. The demand for services from survivors and their children is higher than ever, and we need our community’s help to meet the increased demand.
- Partners and Participants:Notable local businesses have rallied for this cause, GPS Capital Markets staff volunteered to run the telethon, and Scheels has committed to a $5,000 match. Scheels’ donation is a dollar-for-dollar match – doubling the size of individual donations up to $5,000. Both organizations’ dedicated support represents the importance of our work and the importance of community support.
- Impact: In the last fiscal year, South Valley Services served over 2,800 survivors with direct care support – like emergency shelter, children’s services, case management, and therapy – and reached over 5,300 community members through prevention and education work – with only 50 staff members! Quote: “Our staff work tirelessly to serve survivors every day, but what makes South Valley Service so special is that survivors guide the process – they get to define what success looks like and what services they need. South Valley Services is only a tool – it’s survivors’ strength, tenacity, and hope that pushes results. A donation to South Valley Services supports survivors and creates a stronger community. We are honored to bring survivors and our supporters together every day as we build a future where everyone is safe, respected, and seen.”
Join us on this day of giving! Your contribution, whether through donation or sharing this event, makes a profound difference in the lives of those affected by domestic violence and sexual assault. We all play a role in ending violence – we hope you’ll join us.
To participate, donate, or learn more about the telethon, contact:
Development Director, South Valley Services